Candy Cane Peppermint Bark - recipe
As we officially roll into this holiday season, the parties are going to start -- if they haven't already! It seems [to me] the hustle and bustle truly begins the week of Thanksgiving... and just picks up momentum from there. Agree? In efforts to ease the stress of ALL THE THINGS, here is a fun, super easy "staple recipe" you will want to make in bulk + save for future because it's a show stopper. ;)
Here is everything you need to know
• 24 oz white vanilla almond bark
• 24 oz chocolate almond bark
• 1-2 drops *Peppermint Vitality Essential Oil
• Candy canes, crushed
• Cookie sheet
• Wax or parchment paper
* We only trust Young Living Essential Oils. If you do not have Young Living Peppermint Essential Oil, please do not use any peppermint "essential oil". Not all essential oils are created equally, and therefore are not assumed safe to ingest. Always read the label.
1. Line cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper. Set aside.
2. In a double boiler, heat chocolate almond bark until completely melted. If you're short on time, this can also be done by placing in microwave-safe glass bowl and heating 20 seconds at a time stirring in between.
3. Add one drop Peppermint Vitality and stir until well combined.
4. Carefully pour onto cookie sheet and smooth out with a spatula until it is approximately 1cm thick.
5. Place cookie sheet in the freezer.
6. Repeat step 2 with white almond bark in a clean double boiler or bowl.
7. Remove cookie sheet from freezer and carefully smooth the white almond bark over the chocolate layer.
8. Quickly sprinkle crushed candy canes over the top and return cookie sheet to the freezer until set (approximately 10 minutes).
9. Break into pieces to serve &/or share!
- Color the white almond bark with food coloring once melted for a bright alternative.
- Use different colored/flavored candy canes for a more child-inspired version.
- Top with crushed peppermint Oreos or Thin Mints for an extra sinful delight!